Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Heart's First Bind

The first time I saw you

Shakespeare, right

But it was the truth

Saw true beauty this night

Denied it but I knew

This was love at first sight



The first smile you ever gave me

Erased the long miles

Brought me thoughts of we

A day a month, awhile

How I thought quite possibly

Together we would smile



The first kiss was only blown

So many but one for me

And how such love was sown

I wanted us to be

Though my lips had never known

Only on the screen



The first night I wished forever

But only just a dream

Yet to be together

Would have given anything

I dreamed my life was better

If I could make you sing



The first I and thought the last

You and me to we

All that’s in the past

We could never be

My heart thrown in the trash

Nothing more to see



Firsts I wonder why

I knew it wouldn’t last

But why do I still cry

And I still love your ass



In love and yet forbidden

No you won’t be mine

To love you is a sin

A first, My Heart’s First Bind



Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment