Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The I Don't Knows of First

Where do we go… from here?

What do I mean we?

There’s only me

Who I want to be

And the fear

You sneer

The sky’s the limit

But I’ve never been in it

To win is a sin

Do I want to be here?



Or there

Having to look up

Not being so tough

Trying, not hard enough

Was I scared?

Too often told, “Beware”

One plus one is two

Me and you

But I have to lose

Would you still care?



If I wasn’t number one

This face

Another race

What a waste

Because when it’s done

Maybe better if I hadn’t run

In the end

As it always has been

The end

Does it matter if I’m not number one?



Such is my thirst

My fear of loving you, my curse

The I don’t knows of first



Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment