Saturday, May 28, 2011

Perth Sexpo '11 or How I went from crazed pervert to sane adult in 2.7 seconds.

For what ever reason, my blog about Sexpo '09 was popular. I assume it has something to do with the word sex in the title but I'm not one to complain about being read so I went with it, loved it in fact. I followed the blog up with two more posts, focusing on my infatuation with Jewel the showgirl. She featured heavily in the first post so it was only natural. The story of reuniting with Jewel never reached a conclusion as after the third post, the story had run out of steam and I was tired of it. Fast forward to almost two years later and Sexpo is back in town.

Giddy with the potential of once again writing something that would actually be read, I embraced Sexpo and created this blog. Giving it just enough time to generate a bit of interest, I tried to blog Sexpo updates with a naughty, tounge-in-cheek style, similar to the old blog that brought me here. I got involved with the Sexpo buzz and even got squished all for the sake of being read. Eventually my lust to write something people will actually read dropped of, probably somewhere on the Sexpo bed. I, through a complete lack of interest, missed my opportunity on Thursday to finally end the Jewel story when I didn't attend the Sexpo media tour. The one event Jewel is obliged to chat to the media, the only time through the weekend I would be able to get 1-on-1 time with her.

Failing my attempt to end the Jewel story, interest in Sexpo fell to new lows. Friday night was my only chance to have my Sexpo adventure and I tried to make it, I really did. I asked my kids mum to come around an hour early on Friday to pick them up for her weekend with them. She arrived on time but when she offered to buy fish-n-chips for the family and invited me to hang out I jumped at the chance. They stayed for a couple of hours and still left me with more than enough time to cruise into Sexpo around 8.30 but meh. I didn't care. I had more fun chatting to my new housemate on Facebook while watching boobs on SBS!

Everything I wrote two years ago about Sexpo is true and relevant for Sexpo today. I can't imagine it changing. Katsuni will be sitting where Keisha did two years ago, holding a fake penis against horny men and sucking on it while posing for a pic. Might even be the same fake penis Keisha was intimate with. The Showgirls will still be rocking it to a Russell Gilbert soundtrack. Russell Gilbert will still be grasping at the jokes that made him famous 25 years ago. He might even bring out the old Elvis haircut gag again, you know, for old times sake.

The Laporium still has sweaty girls trying hard to pull those dollars out of your hand with their flat chests and smelly crotches while drunk exhibitionists will always make their way from the bar to the stage to take off their clothes. So for anyone that did make it to Sexpo this year, how did I do describing the scene?

I realised something while writing this post. I don't need to go to Sexpo for people to read this, I just needed to write something. So, thanks for making me feel special again. I enjoyed watching my stats tower above anything else I have ever written while the views for the two behind the scenes looks at the Sexpo bed on YouTube will no doubt rise to the heights of the Showgirls video I posted last time. 82,653 views as of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment