Monday, October 13, 2008

As Good As It Gets

"Are you gonna get any better, or is this it?"
- Former Baltimore Orioles manager Earl Weaver's riposte to bad umpires

Over the weekend, my friend helped me convert audiotapes of the bands I used to play in - Thee Katatonix (1979-1980) and Little Toot & The Boatniks (1981-1982) - to mp3s so I could burn them to CD. Mission accomplished, I was playing a newly digitized Katatonix demo CD for my girlfiend while she skimmed through the latest issue of the Dundalk Eagle.


The Beat Goes On: Thee Katatonix, 1979

Looking up from her paper while listening to the Kats plod through a practice take of "(You Grow On Me Like a) Fungus", she suddenly asked, "Did your drumming get any better between the Katatonix and your other bands?" Ouch!

"Um, no," I replied, crestfallen. "It consistently sucked."

Death, where is thy sting?

No comments:

Post a Comment